Struggling to stay consistent with good quality practice?
- Wasting time watching youtube videos with too much talking and not enough playing?
- Bored of playing to a metronome?
- Don’t know where to start with learning the drums?
Melodics is here to help.
Melodics will help make your practice time fun and rewarding. Practice won’t be something to dread, instead it will become the part of your day you actually look forward to! With consistent and effective practice, your skills and confidence will start to build and you’ll be ready to jam - in no time!
The fastest & most enjoyable way to rock solid timing.
- It’s easy to get started and you’ll see results in no time. Melodics is learning by doing, not just by watching videos. Be playing your first lesson with great music in minutes.
- Play with amazing sounding music and explore new techniques from a huge range of different styles. Featured artists lessons range from today’s most exciting performers to legends in the game.
- Practicing to a metronome will tighten your timing, but can be boring. Playing along to tracks is fun, but it can be hard to tell how you’re progressing. Melodics supercharges your practice by being both fun AND effective.
Never miss a beat.
Learn fundamental grooves and classic beats step-by-step, with breakdowns for each hand. Melodics helps break down a track into smaller parts so you can learn in stages, instead of trying to tackle it all at once.
Get instant feedback on your timing and accuracy as you’re playing. Track your progress over time to build more effective practice habits and improve your playing skills.
Make practice perfect.
- Slow a lesson down when things get more difficult. Loop the parts you’re struggling with and focus in on them until you’ve got them down. Start to slowly increase the tempo again when you’re feeling more confident with AutoBPM.
- One of the hardest things about learning to play an instrument is sticking with it and having the motivation to practice consistently. Practice goals, streaks, rewards and challenges – Melodics is practice you will actually want to do!
- Melodics keeps you at the learning edge of your abilities, in the flow state, and ramps up the challenge as you start to get more confident on the drums. There’s no level-lock or restricted access for higher grade lessons, so you can take control of your own learning journey and build on the knowledge you already have from day one.
Here’s what you’ll actually get with Melodics™.
Melodics helps put YOU in control of your own learning through listening, performing, evaluation and practice. Start with a genre you love, or a technique you want to master. Jump into one of our courses to learn about a specific genre or concept, or take a more structured approach with our Guided Path.
Access to over 270 different lessons from a wide variety of artists and genres, including lessons from Ben Barter (touring drummer for Lorde), James Gadson, Mark de Clive-Lowe, Tim Kroker, Stro Elliot, Winterpark and more. Plus we add new lessons every week for you to practice!
Jump into one of the 27 different courses that will take you on a journey, teaching you what you want to know about a specific genre of concept, including: Building A Groove, Building Independence, Building Fills, Classic Rock Grooves, Building Endurance, Snare Variations, Hybrid Drumming and more.
Check out some of the lessons available within Melodics™:
|Cape St Francis||preview|
Here’s what other Drummers have to say about Melodics™.
“It really motivates me to practice every day, and I can clearly see how I improve day by day.”
Francis – Melodics™ user
“I appreciate the gamified aspect of the platform – progressing through lessons and ranks brings a structure to practice that I would otherwise have a hard time convincing myself to do.”
René – Melodics™ user
“As a beginner, Melodics is exactly the training tool I have been looking for for a long time. Really love the interaction and UI design, and the songs as well.”
Aaron – Melodics™ user
Trusted by over 250,000 musicians worldwide.
Hardware & Getting Set Up
Melodics works great with most electronic drum kits, especially Roland & Alesis kits.
However, there can be a few steps to getting them set up. Here’s a helpful guide to help you get started correctly. If you run into any trouble, our support team is here and always happy to help you out.
Available on macOS & Windows.
Melodics is also available to subscribers on iPad for you to create the ultimate setup.
Practice with more freedom and flexibility. Maximise accessibility and keep Melodics within easy reach.
Why not just play to your favourite track instead?
Melodics lessons are designed to tackle a wide range of grooves and variations. While we always encourage you to learn and play your favourite tracks, Melodics also helps to fill in the gaps you might not learn from your favourite songs. Melodics gives you additional guidance, breaking up grooves into steps for easier learning, allowing you to learn the subtle nuances that you’ll miss playing by ear. Then use powerful practice tools like looping and speed adjustment to hone in your timing and accuracy.
Melodics gets into the nitty-gritty technical elements needed to take your drumming to the next level, beyond just playing along to your favourite tracks. Melodics will help you build up the skills to play ANY track you want.
Drumming is about feel, not playing a game. Is this the death of feel?
Not if we can help it. Feel comes from a person’s inner clock, knowledge of their instrument, and discipline in practice. A big part of being able to impart your own feel in playing is having the confidence to do that. Melodics helps you build confidence by giving measured feedback on accuracy and timing. Understanding how grooves and feel translate across different styles of playing and different musical contexts also helps one to develop their own feel.
Drumming is all about the feel. We have spent considerable time refining ways to deliver the most intuitive way to learn certain feels and grooves, with lessons on microtiming, odd time signatures, and shuffle grooves. Yes, Melodics is based on loops and grids, but many of our lessons explore the feel that comes from moving off the grid. You can study the foundation of a groove and then explore the feel with band mates or on your own once you have learnt it in Melodics.
Most kits these days come with a metronome and tools to practice with, why would I need Melodics?
Melodics is very complimentary to the tools that come with your kit. Here’s where Melodics provides extra value.
- Melodics helps with making your practice fun, and making it a habit. It’s no secret that consistent, quality practice is one of the keys to making good progress. But for a lot of people, practicing by themselves becomes a chore rather than something they look forward to doing each and every day. Melodics gives you practical, real-world musical knowledge through an engaging and fun interface. The gamification will make you want to come back and practice each and every day.
- Melodics helps break down a track into smaller parts so you can learn in stages, instead of trying to tackle it all at once. Why is this important? It can take years to build up the experience you’ll need to pick up on subtle nuances when playing by ear. With a track broken into smaller chunks, these subtleties become easier to work on.
- At the end of the day, drumming like all instruments is about mastering your craft. So why not employ as many tools as you can to help you get to where you want to be? Melodics’ advanced practice tools are unrivaled. Melodics uses methods based on decades of solid research - a systematic approach that helps you find your mistakes, and fix them before they become ingrained. Melodics turns a song into a dynamic learning environment, with tools to slow down any groove to your speed or loop a difficult section so you can practice it to perfection.
- Melodics has a constantly evolving catalogue of lessons curated by industry professionals and modern day musicians, relevant to today’s musical landscape. Melodics isn’t locked to the drumkit that you bought five years ago with outdated musical styles or tired kit sounds you have heard thousands of times.
Drumming and music is about having fun with others, not playing a game by yourself.
We agree, one of the great things about music is its ability to connect people. Nothing beats jamming with your friends! But remember that everyone starts at different levels, and not everyone has the confidence to jump in and start playing with others, and not everyone has the desire to do that either. Practicing with Melodics will help you build your fundamentals on your instrument, with a strong emphasis on you being in charge of your own learning journey, by providing you with different options for how you can use Melodics. Jump straight into a lesson you like the sound of, dive into one of the courses and learn a specific skill, or take a more structured approach with our Guided Path. Melodics puts YOU in control of your own learning through listening, performing, evaluation and practice.
Is my drum kit supported?
Melodics works well with the most popular selling Roland, Alesis, and Yamaha e-drums as well as a wide variety of other devices. You can check out a full list of supported devices here. If your kit isn’t on that list, you can manually map it using the “Map Your Controller” button in Settings. If you get stuck at any point, please reach out to our support team for help.
How do I connect my kit?
Connect your kit to your computer via USB. If your module doesn’t have USB, you will need a MIDI — USB interface. Select your kit in the “Selected Device” menu in Settings. Check out our drums setup guide for more information.
Can I restart a lesson without having to reach over to my computer?
Yes, you can! Just hit your high and mid toms plus your kick and hi-hat pedals together – this will start / restart the lesson.
Are there new lessons being created?
Yes, we release new lessons each and every week. Send us feedback if you don’t see what you are looking for.
Melodics™ is the best way to build your musical skills.
Free to download, play 60 free lessons for 5 performance minutes a day to start building your rhythm, timing, and muscle memory immediately.
Then subscribe for unlimited access to premium lessons, including exclusive lessons from acclaimed artists.
Lesson title here
What hardware will you be using to play Melodics™?
Melodics™ works best with hardware.
You can play it with your computer keyboard, but it is a much better experience with access to a MIDI keyboard, pad controller, or MIDI drum kit.
Play as you learn!
These MIDI devices are connected: